Monday, August 18, 2008

St. Maarten Family Trip

In July, my family took a vacation to St. Maarten in the Caribbean.  At the last minute my dad couldn't go for work purposes, but Tyler and I joined my mom, Barbara, my brother, Alex, and his friend, Joe for a week of fun.  NOTE:  Sorry these photos are way out of order!  

Tyler and I drifting at our hotel's beach.

AJ testing out the snorkel gear.
One day we took a snorkel cruise and stopped on a deserted island to have mud baths.  Applying the mud.
Alex searching for sand dollars.
Tyler, Alex, me and Joe cleaning off the mud bath.



My mom and I.

Alex and I on the boat on our way to our first snorkel spot.

Alex and Joe at Loterie Farm, our last day's adventure.  It was an adventure course through the trees.
Waiting for a taxi to take us to Philipsburg, the closest major city to our hotel.
Some images of Phillipsburg.

Smokin' some Cubans.

The view from our balcony.
Taken on our flight home.
Tyler enjoying the zip line part of Loterie Farm.
My mom took a double exposure of me at the Farm.
Alex, Joe, and my mom negotiating the course.  You always had to clip yourself in (in case you fall) before starting the next leg of the course.
Looking down from one of the bridges on the course.
JENNYFER!
Marigot, the French side's capital.  The island is split in half, Dutch and French.
Exploring Phillipsburg.
A few nights Tyler and I joined Alex and Joe clubbing.  Here are a few taken in between partying.  

All of us on the boat during the snorkel cruise.  Stan the man, our pothead captain, took the photo.

Me zipping at Loterie.
We did it!  And were soaking wet with sweat and hurt from head to toe after.

Pinel Island, one of the stops on the snorkel day.  Just off the coast of St. Maarten, Pinel is a small island with a few places to eat and shop while you enjoy the beach.  Ferries go back and forth all day.

My mom taking a photo of me taking a photo of Alex gearing up for stop #1 snorkeling.
Getting muddy!

Waiting for the mud to dry before we rinse it off.
Of course, a camera in each hand!
At the end of the boat cruise, ready to go home.
The last day we rented a car and drove all the way around the island.  Here we are enjoying the sunset on the French side after some good ribs.  
Alex and I enjoying a simple moment of skipping rocks our last evening there.

No comments: