Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jenny's 26th Birthday Celebration!


So June 9 is my birthday. And after a 3 wedding weekend, I knew I'd be tired! Tyler made me breakfast in bed: eggs, toast, hash browns, and bacon with orange juice. I enjoyed my breakfast and opened my gifts from him: a new shirt from Banana Republic (pictured in the Disney photos), a new cd, and a gorilla pod (a small tripod that you can wrap around things) so we could take our own photos without bothering anyone else. See if you can spot said photos in this post. After watching some girly movies, I took a nap while Tyler did a few errands. Then that night it was off to Orange Co. to Anaheim. We saw the Angels lose to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. We have decided we LOVE baseball games. There is something so American about it and it's something we want to try to do more frequently this summer. We had hot dogs, nachos, and peanuts. It's too bad they lost, but it was fun to watch anyway. At one point, the Rays hit 3 home runs in a row. Booo! Tyler got me a sweatshirt so we could be fans together (him with his hat, and me with my shirt).
The stands were packed, but people flooded out after the 7th inning when it was clear that the Angels were going to lose.
After a while we spread out.


Our view was pretty nice!


After the game we stayed at a hotel down in Anaheim for the night. We vegged out with HGTV. Thank God I don't get this channel because I'd never get anything done! The next day it was off to Disneyland. We renewed our annual passes and headed into the park. We had to readjust to the summer crowds. You only get 1 ride per hour in during the summer. We are anxious to use it more frequently during the school year.
Our goal is to hit every ride at Magic Kingdom and California Adventure at least once so we can say we've done everything!  This time around we started with a canoe ride (Tyler's FIRST EVER!).  It was work!  You had to paddle a lot around the lagoon.  But it was a cool day with a nice breeze.


Us outside Aladdin's Castle, which is where we saw the Indiana Jones show.  I know.  It makes no sense, but promotions promotions!
You cannot pass up the opportunity to get your picture taken with Cinderella on your faux birthday!
C for California!

Tyler made reservations for us at the Blue Bayou, the very glitzy restaurant at Disneyland inside the ride, Pirates of the Caribbean.  We both had the Filet Mignon with bernaise sauce, the meal my mom always makes for me on my birthday, so it was such a special treat for me. I was given chocolate mousse for my birthday surprise dessert!
Us at the restaurant!
The ride, Pirates of the Caribbean, viewed from the restaurant.
An outside shot of the restaurant, Blue Bayou.
After we finished our meal, we headed straight for Pirates of the Caribbean.  A view of the restaurant from the ride.  It's all inside, but made to look and feel like you're outside, complete with chirping frogs and crickets.

No comments: