Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Movie Quote Quiz:

Per Tracy, I have done me edition of a movie quote quiz. Here's what I had to do (for those of you who don't know the rules): Look up 15 of your favorite films on IMDb. Take a quote from each. List them below. When someone guesses the quote correctly, cross it off the list. The guessed ones will be bolded. Don't cheat, that's no fun! And these are in no particular order because I think thats mean to the movies.

1. Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

2. Well the man don't have to die. I mean, he could accidentally hurt himself falling down on something real hard, you know? Like a shiv, or my dick?

3. a: This is it. It's going to be gone soon.
b: I know.
a: What do we do?
b: Enjoy it.

4. I know I'm old enough to be his mother, but when the Duck laid that kiss on me last night, I swear my thighs just went up in flames! He must practice on melons or something.

5. The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.

6. I am not going to sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life.

7. a:There is a war on. How is it you are headed west?
b: Well, we kinda face to the north and real sudden-like turn left.

8. I guess I don't have the taste for the jugular you guys have.

9. a: Why would a man leave his apartment three times on a rainy night with a suitcase and come back three times?
b: He likes the way his wife welcomes him home.

10. Oh, obscene finger gestures from such a pristine girl.

11. If I could only have one food for the rest of my life? That's easy. Pez, cherry flavored pez. No question.

12. a:How could you do this to me?
b: Because I'm in love with you!
a: Ha! What kind of an excuse is that?

13. That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto-Bismol.

14. a: Have you no consideration for my poor nerves?
b: You mistake me, my dear. I have the utmost respect for your nerves. They've been my constant companion these twenty years.


15:Do stop snivelling - anyone would think you were Italian.

13 comments:

Scott said...

2. Out of Sight (I almost used that one. But I chose another...hint, hint.)

5, 9, & 14 are very familiar to me. But alas, nothing right now.

Also, how have we never spoken of our mutual appreciation for Out of Sight or the benefits of piano playing to relieve stress?

jenny smith: said...

scott cupper! i have stumped TWO movie nerds! my day is complete!

#2 is out of sight, yes.

because my husband dominates you when we get together. but we need to. very pleased that you like out of sight. and i should have guessed about the piano because you are so musical. we shall chat soon.

Stacy said...

#4 is Sixteen Candles!

Tracy Lee V said...

#13 is My Best Friend's Wedding. Right?

Tracy Lee V said...

#14 is Pride and Prejudice. I SO ALMOST USED THAT QUOTE!!! That's the quote that I most associate with the movie, fortunately or unfortunately. I love that movie!

Tracy Lee V said...

Also, I thought #4 was Pretty in Pink, but I think she's right, and that it's Sixteen Candles. I get all those Molly Ringwald movies mixed together in my head.

Tracy Lee V said...

Also, 6 and 12 are driving me crazy, I swear I know those!

AUGH!

jenny smith: said...

well well well. so many guesses. so few answers.

4. i am giving it to tracy even though she really did put the wrong answer when she sided w/stacy. it's pretty in pink. (and for a redhead-i expect you to keep the molly ringwald movies straight, trace)

14. pride & prejudice (tracy again).

all the rest are wrong.

Tracy Lee V said...

I beat Scott (kind of) in a movie quiz!!! That's like a record!!

Whoop, whoop! (Got your message waking me up last night...Yay!. I'll call you soon, I promise!)

JK said...

Hi, I don't know you but I've been following the trail of movie quizzes so here's the two I knew:

6. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

7. The Last of the Mohicans

jenny smith: said...

Yea! Someone (JK) knew two:

6. Ferris
7. Last of the Mohicans

by the way, I know both Jake and Scott and went to First Free so I probably have heard of you, whoever you are.

JK said...

Yeah, I know Jake and Scott and Tracy from First Free. My proper first name is Josh. Pleased to meet you.

I notice you're in Los Angeles; I had a connecting flight go through there on Sunday. Apparently it was 77 degrees outside (I was confined indoors, of course). When I landed in Chicago again, it was 31 degrees. A significant portion of me wishes I'd missed that flight.

Scott said...

Hey, guys. Cool party. I see you two have already met. So Jen, either you or Tyler guessed two quotes on my quiz recently: The Talented Mr. Ripley and The 25th Hour. Which of you was it? It if was Tyler, time to reveal the answers.