Friday, August 10, 2007

earthquake!!!

Calm down calm down you mothers and grandmothers who read this. Would I really be blogging about this if it was serious. Just letting you all know that we had our first official earthquake since moving to the state that will eventually fall off the rest of the continent. It happened at about 1 am and I was asleep. I only woke up momentarily. It felt like a big truck going by. So there you have it. Not too dramatic, but it happened, so I felt the need to document it. Later, -J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boots, you have an exraordinary knack for communicating. Don't forget the words side of your jounalism! words & photos is powerful.

Anonymous said...

Wow were we eever glad to learn the earthwuake was a minor one. thought about you. Love your blogs. shardwats

Tracy Lee V said...

That's hilarious! Did I ever tell you that a few years ago, I was in Reno/ Lake Tahoe, and there was an earthquake, and I was AWAKE and eating lunch at a cafe and EVERYONE ELSE felt it, but not me. It apparently did not concern my inner balancing systems that my body had just moved. I was so pissed, I missed out on my first earthquake. Also, it makes me nervous that some day I will be walking along and a large abyss will appear underneath me, and my body will fail to register any changes, and I will fall into nothingness. But that's a worry for another day. Miss you, my dear, and so happy that I get to read your blog again!