Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Dolphins






It has been brought to my attention that I never blog anymore, and so I shall.

It has been an interesting first 6 months in the city of angels. BUt more on all of that later.

Today I just want to write about my brother coming to visit for a week. It was awesome. We went to an Angel's game. That's baseball for all you artists out there. We went to Disneyland. Tyler and I have gotten annual passes and are going whenever possible now. We did some major outlet shopping, and we went to the ocean. It was my first time IN the Pacific. We went up to Malibu and rented a boogie board and a wetsuit (for wimpy me) from the surf shack and headed out to Zuma Beach. The water was clear (even shoulder deep), the sand was white, and the waves were big (thankfully not too big). But the highlight of our day was seeing the pod? pack? group? or whatever of wild dolphins. Hard to say how many there were because they keep popping up and we could've been counting the same one twice, but I think about 20 went by about 20 feet off the coast. People were are watching and gasping. And these dolphins gave us a show. They didn't leap or anything, but they arched preety far out of the water. It was awesome. A truely wonderful California experience.

Ta ta for now. -Jenny

No comments: